Hello FCCS Families,
Coach Gibson here to give you an update on some exciting things happening in the world of Athletics and Physical Education. In PE, we continue to build upon our physical skills, with all classes participating in basic exercises and moving on to specific skills or games that follow our standards in physical education.
- K-2: Our K-2 grades have been working on developing throwing and catching skills and knowing the difference from an overhand to an underhand throw.
- 3-5: Our 3-5 grades have been learning baseball positions and strategy of the game using a wiffle ball.
- Middle/High: The Middle and High School students have been playing and enjoying the game of wiffle ball.
FCCS ATHLETIC HIGHLIGHTS:
- FCCS has built a brand new outdoor Basketball/Volleyball Court for Athletics and PE. It looks amazing!
- Take-a-look at our very own Sky Zone! Once completed and going into next school year, our PE classes will have access to the expanded facility with NEW jumps, activities, and a rock wall to continue working on all our skills associated to Physical Education Standards.
- Soccer Field, here we come! The clearing and prepping for our soccer field has begun with the removal of trees and prepping the grounds.
- Beginning Feb. 15th at Chapel, we kicked off our Jump Rope for Heart program, learning about being heart healthy and raising money for the Heart Association. This continues through Mar. 9th, concluding our program on the NEW Basketball/Volleyball Court behind the school.
- Our K-5 students on one side of our basketball court will be working through a 5-station rotation of cardiovascular motions.
- On the other side the Middle School and High School students will participate in a 3 on 3, Hoops for Heart basketball tournament.
- In Athletics this year, we had our Boy’s JV Basketball Team participate in the Florida Christian Conference. We finished the season strong playing in a tournament where the boys finished third! We also had one of our players selected to the All-Star Tournament team!
- NEW for this year is the development of our first Girl’s Softball Team, also playing in our conference.
- Plus, adding to our sports program this year, is the development of a Girl’s Volleyball Team. They will play in a recreation league in April and May that will build up and prepare us for conference play as we return for school in August.
- In our recess area, we now have a 3-hole Frisbee Disc Golf.
Looking forward to sharing these great programs with all of you. Praise God.